Monday, March 24, 2014

The Ultimate List


I don't know about you but ever since my life started to have its own crazy schedule my Mom always told me to make a list.

Going to the grocery store? Make a list.
Keep forgetting your homework? Make a list.
Your house is messy? Make a list.
Can't find your first list? Make another list.

You get the point?

Because of this training I see lists everywhere. (it's like a sixth sense) I was studying my Bible the other night and I was reading through Proverbs 31.

The ultimate list.

So many times, we as women, get overwhelmed and intimidated with this chapter. Thoughts overcome us such as..,

"I cat do that"
"No woman can be all of that"
"I don't want to wake up early"

As I thought through this passage in a new light I saw this as a different kind of list, not the kind we check off and mark as completed. This list will never be completed but it's a daily reminder of what we can mirror in our own lives.

I am a Proverbs 31 Woman and so are YOU because by the grace of God every day we have a fresh start to look at this list and try again. Everyday we have a chance to strive to be better. We do not need to worry or think of what a Godly woman should be because we have already been given the blue print and I don't know about you but that's a huge relief! 

I pray today you rise up and take hold of this list, rather than being intimidated by it, and realize you can reflect this list within your crazy chaotic life! 


-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment