Tuesday, January 21, 2014

DIY: Infinity Scarf

 It's -2 degrees out side folks, with a wind chill of who knows, and even for a northern girl like me that's cold!

Inspired by the cold and my love for scarfs I decided to try my hand at making my own infinity scarf!

My brother loves the Oklahoma Thunder (hence the fabric choice) but you can use any fleece your heart desires!

Step One

Cut out your fabric to the size and length you want your scarf to be.
The fabric I used was already blocked due to it's pattern.



Step Two

Fold both ends of your fabric together
Sew boh sides together, using a 1/2 inch seam allowance.


Step Three

After stitching your first seem open it.
Zigzag stitch down the middle of your seam.
Once you've completed your zigzag stitch you've fished your infinity scarf! 




My machine settings were set to the following: 




There you have it in 3 simple steps you now have a brand new infinity scarf to keep your neck warm and brace yourself against that wind chill!



If you're having a blast with your sewing machine you might also enjoy learning how to make a pillow case in just a few easy steps! 

I hope you guys stay warm this winter!

-Stephanie

Modeling credit goes to: David, one of my lovely brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment